FEE031 | The Technology That I’m Using Today
The Technology That I’m Using Today
Welcome to The Fee Based Financial Planning Mastery Podcast™!
In This Episode
On this episode of Fee Based Financial Planning Mastery I’m going to talk about the key technology that I’m using today.
This podcast is my way of bringing together like-minded financial professionals so that we can communicate and share what’s working (and more importantly, what’s not) in the world of financial planning. So, Subscribe for Free Now! My plan is to record a new episode on the 1st and 15th of each month. Subscribing today will deliver these episodes to you as soon as they are released.
Visit us online at www.feebasedfinancialplanningmastery.com.
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you have a chance, please leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! I appreciate it! Enjoy the show!
“Items Mentioned In This Episode”
- Fee Based Financial Planning Mastery Academy
- LinkedIn Group: Fee Based Financial Planning Mastery
- Tool Box: The programs and tools that I use in my business.
- WordPress: The #1 Blog Publishing Platform. Free and easily customizable with wonderful support. All of my blogs use WordPress.
- PATLive:rovides hosted communications with friendly service and is relied on by all types of businesses for phone numbers, faxing, and receptionist services.
- Aweber: The internet’s most powerful email opt-in service and email marketing/broadcasting tool. This is what I use to build my email list.
- Salesforce.com: We’ve tried them all. And the hands down this is the industry leader in cloud-based CRM. (Get rid of those nasty, expensive servers).
Redtail CRM: Is a web-based easy-to-use client management solution designed specifically for Financial Professionals.
- Appirio: Helping enterprises reimagine their businesses using cloud, social and mobile technologies.
- Zapier: Enables you to automate tasks between other online services (services like Salesforce, Basecamp, Gmail, and 194 more).
- Fliptop: Provides companies with an on-demand data scientist for their leads and contacts.
- MindMeister: Not only is this one of the most amazing pieces of software I have ever used, it is also cloud based so I can access it from anywhere. It has an iPad app, iPhone app and it works seemlessly with my Google Apps account. Whenever I run through a mind map with someone, they always ask, “Where did you get this amazing software from?”
- Basecamp: Project management tool.
- Feedburner: RSS feed.
- Libsyn: Everything you need to start podcasting and getting your podcast in iTunes.
- Audacity: A free, easy-to-use and multilingual audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux and other operating systems.
- ScreenFlow: Powerful, easy-to-use screen recording and editing software for the Mac.
- Camtasia for Mac – for screen captures
- Camtasia for PC (Camtasia Studio) – for screen captures
- Blubrry: Is a podcasting community and directory that gives creators the power to make money, get detailed audience measurements and host their audio and video.
- Optimize Press: Is a premium WordPress theme from James Dyson- an internet marketer. This theme easily creates squeeze pages, membership websites and best for internet marketing.
- Bluehost: 99% of my websites are hosted on Bluehost. Easy to use, 1-click automatic WordPress installation, and excellent customer service. Highly recommended for your first site.
- iTunes: Is a free app that lets you organize and play digital music and video on your computer. It’s also a store that has everything you need to be entertained. That makes it the perfect place to listen, watch, read, play, explore and shop.
- Phanfare: The best way to display your photos and videos online.
- Google Reader: Read them in one place with Google Reader, where keeping up with your favorite websites is as easy as checking your email.
- Screencast.com: Is a TechSmith solution for business and academic professionals looking to manage and share videos, images, documents, or anything else online. Screencast.com’s high-quality content-hosting gives you complete control over how, when and to whom your content is distributed.
- Google Adwords: If you want to begin advertising on Google, you can select keywords and locations and you pay each time someone clicks on your advertisement.
- Gmail: Built on the idea that email can be more intuitive, efficient, and useful. And maybe even fun.
- Constant Contact: leading email marketing, social media marketing, event marketing, local deals, digital storefronts, and online surveys.
- Google Analytics: Google’s free website tracking and analytical tool. A must have for anyone with any type of website.
- Flickr: Online photo management and sharing application.
- eBook Cover Creator: Custom 2D and 3D eBook covers.
- Facebook: Social media site, connecting with friends online.
- Twitter: Social media site, find out what’s happening.
- LinkedIn: Social media site, engaging and networking your professional network.
- Google+: Social media site, follow your interests.
- iPhone: Is a line of Internet and multimedia-enabled smartphones designed and marketed by Apple Inc.
- Evernote: Makes it easy to remember things big and small from your everyday life using your computer, phone, tablet and the web.
- Hootesuite: Is a social media management system for businesses and organizations to collaboratively execute campaigns across multiple social networks from one secure, web-based dashboard.